My new blog: For those who came here for the cake pop class, I've created a new blog with updates on classes and photos over at guiri in the kitchen



Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rain, rain, go away....

I always thought I brought the sun with me everywhere I went, but I guess I was wrong when I arrived Zürich on Wednesday. It was raining cats and dogs, and the sky was filled with gloomy dark clouds. It almost seems like the weather reflects how I felt at the particular moment, gloomy and moody because of the stupid flu bug. If it would just go away.....*sigh* Michael arrived at the airport to pick me up, and within less than 1/2 hour trapped in the car with me, el pobrecito caught the bug from me and had a headache :P So we decided to just stay in and cooked something instead of eating out.

Next day was really nice though, since Michael had to work, his mom, Beatrice, took me on a nice excursion to Ticino, Lugano & Lüzern! Weather was warm and nice, we had a nice sandwich outside their holiday apartment up on the mountains. While walking along streets of Lugano, I almost had to take off my cardigan because it was too warm. The landscape of Switzerland is MARVELOUS!! Endless views of scenic mountains and beautiful lakes. I was just gaping in awe as we drove from Zug, but didn't manage to snap as many photos as I would have wanted though. In the evening I joined Michael and his friends to watch Da Vinci Code in a local cinema. Halfway through the show, the movie was interuppted, and lights were switched on. Just when I thought "Awww, NOT AGAIN??", I realised it was just a commercial break, and half the audiences left the hall to go to the toilet, or to get a drink. And there I was, sitting there, feeling like a jakun :P

This morning was really fun, as after breakfast, Sarah (Mic's darling) and I danced in the living hall, practicing on my jive, salsa, disco rock, samba, cha cha and waltz :P Was really a nice sweat out.....though I am having lots of difficulty recalling the steps. And after that I went cycling with Michael around Zug and to Steinhaussen. YESSSsss....cycling...and in the rain too. I was so clumsy that I fell off almost immediately after climbing on, and was going eXtremely slow. At one time I almost bumped into him. All I knew was my hands felt like my feet, and my feet felt like my hands. Probably it would have been wiser to cycle upside down :P But overall it was really cool experience. A pity it was raining, or else we would have been able to cycle more. I was just starting to get the hang of it after a few rounds. We then walked home with Mövenpick ice cream in our hands....kekekeke....

Tonight I will attend a 50th birthday party of Mic's colleague, Kurt, and tomorrow I will be off to Paris, another early departure, at 6:29am, though not the earliest so far. Oh dear, I have only been using english and español so far. My french course will be starting in less than 2 days time and I can't remember a single french word!!! Uh-oh.....................

No comments: