My new blog: For those who came here for the cake pop class, I've created a new blog with updates on classes and photos over at guiri in the kitchen



Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mana Keluar???

Sevilla-Eindhoven-Berlin-London-Perugia-Zurich-France

Guess what? Yep, I am in London now, and the next few days, I will be spending a lot of time with Mark (Sam's gonna be so jealous ... muahaha).

Berlin has been a such wonderful city to visit, also thanks to Niels. Right from the Berlin airport , he has been giving me lots of tips and advices on moving around Berlin, helped me with my luggage (thank god he was around to help carry my luggage to my room - it's on the 4th floor...and without elevator!!!) He also made me nice German breakfast in the morning during the weekends, and also brought me to this nice bar on the 14th floor where I could have a nice view of the Berlin city at night. Ooh...and I also tried Berliner Weisse, a nice refreshing drink for the summer - a combination of white beer and rasperry syrup.

It was really interesting to see 2 sides of Berlin, the east and the west (one can easily tell if you have entered the east zone by paying attention to the traffic lights - there exists a different "green man"). With so much being destroyed during the war, Berlin is undergoing lots of construction and re-construction. Probably in another 15 yrs time, sights of towering cranes and excavators will be less common.

My last night in Berlin, Niels brought me to join the members of Rotaract Club Berlin for their weekly night out. It was really nice!!! :D I had second thoughts in the beginning as I did not speak German, but the group really made me feel welcomed, and I had no problems to mingle around as they spoke perfect English :)

Come to think of it, I have now a collection of the word "EXIT" in different languages. Here goes:

Keluar - Bahasa Malaysia
出口 - Chinese (chú kou) /Japanese (de guchi)
Salida - Español
Sortida - Catalan
Sortie - Français
Uitgang - Dutch
Ausgang - Deutch
Uscita - Italiano

Ah yes, just before I forget, here's the link to the Keukenhof photos :)

No comments: