My new blog: For those who came here for the cake pop class, I've created a new blog with updates on classes and photos over at guiri in the kitchen



Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm Going to Montreal!!!

How I wish! Of course I was just kidding. I'm not going anywhere, at least not for the moment, with so many things at hand. Just that I am really flattered with the affection and attachment shown to me by the two Canadian brothers, Nicolas and David.

When they first arrived at our school end of June, they spoke no English. The language barrier made them a little timid. In order to make them feel at home, I spoke to them in French (though it was an English medium school). However, as days passed, I told them that I would stop using French with them so that they could learn English. Of course, as usual, David tried to bargain with me to get an extension.

They are due to return to Montreal end of next week. When their dad asked, "What would you like to bring home to Montreal from Malaysia?" Apart from foodstuff, DVDs and others, they said, "Aunty Shirl!". I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that. They wanted me to be their nanny in Montreal....LOL! David even offered to share his room with me :D Then they described their home to me, that they have 2 TVs, and I could watch it with them, and that we could also have BBQ, and there's snow during winter....etc. I told them that I didn't have any jackets or coats to keep me warm during winter, and Nicolas was quick to answer, "We can buy them for you!" So very sweet of him!

I'm going to miss them a lot. Unfortunately, that's the downside of working with expatriates, they come and they stay, but as soon as you start to get emotionally attached to them, it's time for them to leave. :(

On the bright side, I know I'll have a place to stay if I'm to visit Montreal in future...maybe 1 yr, 5 yrs or 10 yrs down the road! (that is if David still has his room reserved for me and not for his girlfriends :P)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leong Si Theng... So you guys did eventually get married. Good job!
Drop me a line if you remember me. :)

paulbaptist@gmail.com

congrats on the wedding btw!

Anonymous said...

Si Theng!! Qu'est-ce que c'est jolie histoire!! J'imagine que tu est un peu triste qu'ils vont partir...mais tu as deja trouve une autre maison a Montreal!! Bien sur, tu en as au Japon aussi! Bisous!

ASUKA