My new blog: For those who came here for the cake pop class, I've created a new blog with updates on classes and photos over at guiri in the kitchen



Sunday, March 19, 2006

Senderismo

J'ai fait de la randonée avec ma famille ce matin. C'est le cinquième fois ce mois. Estoy muy contenta porque cada vez, lo hago en menos tiempo.

About a month ago, my dad's friend introduced us to a jungle trek not too far from my house (less than 20 minutes drive). Ever since, my dad has been making it an effort to get all of us to climb the hill at least once a week during the weekends. I do not find it a problem because I simply adore trekking. I fell in love with trekking ever since my first climb to the Pinnacles at the Mulu National Park in Nov, 2003 with Hong Teng.

At my pace, the whole trek takes only about 1.5 hours, involving crossing mini streams and several hills. My first attempt took me close to 3 hours though. I am glad I have made a lot of improvement. Will continue to try and break my own record! Heard that some of the superfit ones can actually complete the track in less than 1 hour!!! Ganbatte kudasai!

No comments: