My new blog: For those who came here for the cake pop class, I've created a new blog with updates on classes and photos over at guiri in the kitchen



Friday, July 11, 2008

You are not beautiful!

Just early this morning Isabella's mom told me , "Isabella thinks that you are beautiful" and I felt really flattered by that comment. After all, children only tell the truth right? ;)

And the very same afternoon, Nika (who doesn't speak much English) walked up to me and said quite loudly, "Aunty Shirl, you are not beautiful!" I was completely taken aback, speaking of frankness! I asked her why, not without a pouting lip, of course. She replied, "Nooo....no this one" and gestured that I remove the piece of hairband from my hair. Aaaah... I see, she didn't like my hair being tied up. I quickly removed the hairband. She smiled and walked back to her lunch place contented :)

Children... ;)

No comments: